Earlier  
Posted Nick Remark
#openstack-nova - 2024-07-02
20:23:51 sean-k-mooney that job has a 2 hour timeout so it got very close
20:26:01 sean-k-mooney the last job on the 3rd patch is almost done too
20:28:45 sean-k-mooney ok thats done too
20:29:21 sean-k-mooney ill wait aorund for another 5 minutes otherwise ill check back in an hour or 2 before i go to sleep
20:29:32 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova master: Reject qcow files with data-file attributes https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923255
20:29:32 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova master: Check images with format_inspector for safety https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923256
20:29:33 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova master: Additional qemu safety checking on base images https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923257
20:29:33 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova master: Fix vmdk_allowed_types checking https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923258
20:30:08 sean-k-mooney im not sure you ment to update the first patch..
20:30:33 dansmith oh crap, yeah I rebased my origin master chasing the other fire
20:30:37 dansmith oh well, that sucks
20:30:58 dansmith it was rechecking anyway
20:31:50 sean-k-mooney i +2w'd the set
20:31:56 dansmith thanks much
20:32:12 dansmith I'm just about exhausted and fading pretty fast here
20:32:21 sean-k-mooney ok im going to go eat. ill check back in an hour or two before i go to sleep and ill check them in the morning if they have any issues
20:32:43 sean-k-mooney dansmith: go rest
20:32:43 dansmith I have one other thing to do and then I will probably need to take a break for a bit
20:33:04 sean-k-mooney well theere in the ci so not much more for you do do on the nova side
20:33:27 sean-k-mooney unless your plannig to respin the backports but we can do that once they start to merge
20:34:11 dansmith I'm going to hold off on those until we make progress yeah
22:08:37 fungi argh, one job timed out on the glance change
22:09:00 fungi during volume tests, though that may have been coincidence
22:10:11 fungi though the one remaining job on the nova change may be about to do the same
22:14:15 fungi they're both starting over at the top of the gate pipeline again
#openstack-nova - 2024-07-03
00:19:15 fungi yeah, seems like tempest-integrated-compute-enforce-scope-new-defaults is repeatedly timing out (during volume tests but those aren't necessarily what's taking so long) for both the glance and nova changes previously discussed
00:19:42 fungi though the glance one might barely finish just under the wire this time around
00:20:08 fungi once it (hopefully) merges, i'll reenqueue and promote the nova change again
00:25:11 fungi okay, glance change landed, nova change is back to the top of the gate for a third try
00:48:36 dansmith fungi++
00:54:54 dansmith fungi: that new defaults job has been timeout-heavy lately for sure, I think sean had a thing to bump the timeout, which I suppose we might have to do..
01:55:19 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova stable/2024.1: Fix disk_formats in ceph job tempest config https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923342
01:55:31 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova stable/2023.2: Fix disk_formats in ceph job tempest config https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923343
01:55:43 opendevreview Dan Smith proposed openstack/nova stable/2023.1: Fix disk_formats in ceph job tempest config https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923344
01:55:44 dansmith abhishek_: ^
01:56:24 dansmith melwitt: if you're around by chance and could monitor those ^ we need them in ASAP (master still pending) so we can get glance CVE patches merged that depend on them
01:56:41 abhishek_ dansmith: ++
02:12:11 melwitt dansmith: ok, I can do it
02:14:14 dansmith melwitt: thanks, master has been rechecked several times already, so who knows
02:16:51 melwitt yeah. we can at least get some more dice rolls in before EU timezone
02:21:16 abhishek_ is there someone in this timezone who can prioritise the patch in gate (just in case if required)
02:21:29 dansmith melwitt: ++
02:21:46 dansmith abhishek_: I'm not sure, frickler will be coming online, might be the earliest
02:21:58 abhishek_ ack
02:22:00 dansmith I think he can do it, but not sure
02:22:15 abhishek_ will ask him if required, thank you!
02:37:38 opendevreview Merged openstack/nova master: Fix disk_formats in ceph job tempest config https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923322
02:37:46 fungi yay!
02:37:51 dansmith amazing
02:38:18 dansmith fungi: do we prioritize the stable ones too or no?
02:39:17 fungi might not be necessary this time of day if they already have passing check results and there's not much else in the gate, i haven't looked
02:41:53 dansmith ack
02:43:25 fungi but if it will help in getting them merged faster we still can
02:43:54 fungi just depends on whether there's much of a queue or jobs are continuing to be problematic
02:44:00 dansmith abhishek_: ^ dunno how important it is
02:44:52 abhishek_ dansmith: I think we can wait, since it will going to take a day long to merge master patches
02:44:59 dansmith ack
02:46:17 abhishek_ nova merged
05:13:29 frickler well the gate is currently looking ok-ish after https://review.opendev.org/923344 caused a gate reset. let's hope the current stack merges without further failures. I'll try to keep an eye on it and look into reshuffling if further issues should happen
06:00:12 frickler and there goes hoping ... weird early failure in grenade-multinode that I haven't seen before, but looks 99% unrelated https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/build/322833ee6e7a43b0aee2ca9803fc4f57
07:27:51 bauzas good morning folks
07:28:05 bauzas frickler: I was on PTO yesterday, so I just got the emails
07:28:16 bauzas but AFAICS, we needed to update Tempest rightN?
07:28:34 bauzas https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923322
07:28:51 bauzas I'm now chasing https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923255/2
07:32:28 frickler bauzas: the latter is failing in gate with the error I posted before, IMO it could be re-enqueued into gate immediately once zuul reports the failures, together with the stack on top of it
07:34:05 frickler I found keystone (once again) to be essentially undebuggable with the amount of errors generated during normal operations
07:34:58 bauzas yeah https://storage.gra.cloud.ovh.net/v1/AUTH_dcaab5e32b234d56b626f72581e3644c/zuul_opendev_logs_322/923255/2/gate/nova-grenade-multinode/322833e/controller/logs/grenade.sh_log.txt
07:35:11 bauzas my only concern is that I'm not sure this is a transient issue
07:35:21 bauzas looks more a keystone regression to me
07:35:29 bauzas 2024-07-03 05:20:04.386 | testtools.matchers._impl.MismatchError: '56fc53e2e0724c0284ab80060ec55421' != '39aa3070a75e446fb6aa6d48bab74c58'
07:36:42 bauzas unless someone keystone-ed able to tell me this is something like a race condition in Keystone
08:00:43 opendevreview Merged openstack/nova stable/2024.1: Fix disk_formats in ceph job tempest config https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/923342
08:14:53 frickler bauzas: if it is a regression it should fail in gate next time, too, but I don't see any recent changes in keystone. so I still suggest to reenqueue the stack into gate, unless your prefer to only recheck it
08:15:11 bauzas I'll recheck it
08:15:18 bauzas and we'll see
08:17:25 bauzas done
08:29:47 opendevreview Maxime Lubin proposed openstack/nova-specs master: USB over IP https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/923362
08:43:38 opendevreview Maxime Lubin proposed openstack/nova-specs master: USB over IP https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/920687
08:56:31 opendevreview Maxime Lubin proposed openstack/nova-specs master: USB over IP https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/920687
09:16:29 opendevreview Maxime Lubin proposed openstack/nova-specs master: USB over IP https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova-specs/+/920687
09:20:23 Uggla @gibi, can you have a look at this patch : https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/868089/8 can it be merged ?
10:07:23 frickler next failure, this time one of the "regulars" tempest.api.compute.servers.test_server_actions.ServerActionsV293TestJSON.test_rebuild_volume_backed_server
10:08:49 bauzas yeepeekay
10:43:57 sean-k-mooney frickler: bauzas i requeued the first patch but i kind fo feel like waiting for that to merge before queueign the rest
10:44:05 sean-k-mooney what do ye think
10:44:22 sean-k-mooney shoudl we hold all other nova patches until this lands and ask peopel not to recheck on the mailing list
10:45:03 sean-k-mooney the random failure are not nessisarly load related so im not really sure if it will help
10:45:48 sean-k-mooney but we are consumign a lot of ci resouces enquing all 4 patches just to have them kicked out because of a failure in the first one
11:15:44 frickler sean-k-mooney: on one hand I understand that concern, on the other hand these patches are being used in production in a lot of systems already, so IMO it should have highest priority to at least get them into master, even if other projects have to suffer a bit from that
11:16:54 sean-k-mooney ok so your in faovr of quein gthe rest. i was not sure if it would increase the likely hood fo a failure but ok ill recheck the remaining 3 and get them moving
11:17:40 sean-k-mooney actully im not sure the second one need a recheck it still has +1
11:18:33 sean-k-mooney i have rechecked the third pathch
11:18:44 frickler as I said earlier I would also be in favor of moving these to gate directly
11:18:59 frickler as the failures pretty certainly look unrelated
11:19:18 sean-k-mooney im not agaisnt taht i just dont want to keep pinging fungi, you or clark ot do that
11:19:38 zhhuabj hi team, does anyone know why ci can't run in this patch - https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/909611
11:19:49 sean-k-mooney oh ya they are not related any more. we had a fully green run last night on the last patch so the set as a whole i think is good
11:19:51 frickler well currently it is me who keeps pinging nova people with the offer ;)
11:20:32 sean-k-mooney i think we have got enouch results form check in agggreate to be ok with mergeing them as is at this point

Earlier   Later