Earlier  
Posted Nick Remark
#openstack-nova - 2022-09-06
16:24:35 bauzas sean-k-mooney: please just update the bug report with your thoughts please
16:24:41 sean-k-mooney ack
16:24:43 sean-k-mooney will do
16:24:47 bauzas moving on, we still have lots of things to discuss
16:25:12 bauzas #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?search=Search&field.status=New 9 new untriaged bugs (+2 since the last meeting)
16:25:18 bauzas #link https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project/openstack/placement 26 open stories (-1 since the last meeting) in Storyboard for Placement
16:25:24 bauzas #info Add yourself in the team bug roster if you want to help https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-bug-triage-roster
16:25:29 bauzas #info bug baton is being passed to Uggla
16:25:32 bauzas that's it for bugs
16:25:47 Uggla yep I will not forget that time.
16:25:48 bauzas (yeah Uggla kindly offered to keep the baton for this week, thanks to him)
16:26:02 bauzas Uggla: no pain here
16:26:10 bauzas this is stretch goal
16:26:15 bauzas anyway, moving on
16:26:24 bauzas #topic Gate status
16:26:31 bauzas #link https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bugs?field.tag=gate-failure Nova gate bugs
16:26:35 bauzas #link https://zuul.openstack.org/builds?project=openstack%2Fplacement&pipeline=periodic-weekly Placement periodic job status
16:26:40 bauzas #link https://zuul.openstack.org/builds?job_name=tempest-integrated-compute-centos-9-stream&project=openstack%2Fnova&pipeline=periodic-weekly Centos 9 Stream periodic job status
16:26:45 bauzas #link https://zuul.opendev.org/t/openstack/builds?job_name=nova-emulation&pipeline=periodic-weekly&skip=0 Emulation periodic job runs
16:26:50 bauzas #info Please look at the gate failures and file a bug report with the gate-failure tag.
16:27:01 bauzas I checked all the periodic runs and all are green
16:27:08 bauzas #info STOP DOING BLIND RECHECKS aka. 'recheck' https://docs.openstack.org/project-team-guide/testing.html#how-to-handle-test-failures
16:27:23 bauzas I think we discussed about the current gate bugs, we can move on
16:27:33 bauzas #topic Release Planning
16:27:39 bauzas #link https://releases.openstack.org/zed/schedule.html
16:27:45 bauzas #info Zed-3 was last Thursday
16:27:50 bauzas hereby, I declare
16:27:55 bauzas #info FeatureFreeze officially declared today
16:28:02 elodilles \o/
16:28:05 bauzas #action bauzas to -2 open changes that were having an accepted spec
16:28:11 bauzas #action bauzas to run the script to move specs with merged implementation to 'implemented'
16:28:21 bauzas #link Zed tracking etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-zed-blueprint-status
16:28:40 bauzas we still have some client changes that require reviews
16:29:25 bauzas in theory, we are in client libs freeze too
16:29:27 bauzas https://releases.openstack.org/zed/schedule.html#z-final-clientlib
16:29:48 bauzas elodilles: what do you think of that ?
16:30:13 opendevreview Merged openstack/nova master: Follow up for the PCI in placement series https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/855185
16:30:13 elodilles just wanted to warn that we are in freeze period
16:30:16 elodilles for that as well
16:30:18 bauzas shall we stop merging novaclient and OSC patches until next cycle or shall we pretend this never existed and be pragmatic ?
16:30:21 opendevreview Merged openstack/nova master: Doc follow up for PCI in placement https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/855186
16:30:47 bauzas ok, so releasing wouldn't be acceptable
16:31:01 bauzas but I guess merging patches doesn't create issues
16:31:09 sean-k-mooney we can review but proably hold +w for a week
16:31:10 elodilles well, if patches merges, and new release is needed, then RFE is needed
16:31:17 sean-k-mooney the branches will reopen at RC1
16:31:31 elodilles so non critical things probably should be postponed to Antelope
16:32:18 bauzas I don't disagree with this, I was just wondering about the difference between holding a merge, and merging without releasing
16:32:26 sean-k-mooney we can alwasy do an early release of novaclient or osc in a few weeks
16:32:49 sean-k-mooney bauzas: rc bug fixes is really the only issue
16:32:52 gibi merging without releasing can be confusing for zed as the branch have it but the release does not
16:32:54 sean-k-mooney until we have the branch
16:33:02 bauzas ok, so let's agree to hold our commits
16:33:03 sean-k-mooney we cant merge feature incase there is a bug fix needed
16:33:11 sean-k-mooney branches will be create at rc1
16:33:35 elodilles bauzas: ++
16:33:40 bauzas #agreed Client patches are on Client libs freeze, please don't accept to merge new changes until RC1 happens
16:33:52 bauzas voila
16:33:53 dansmith did the rebuild bfv change merge?
16:34:02 dansmith for the client I mean
16:34:02 bauzas the novaclient one, not
16:34:17 bauzas we were reviewing it today, hence my question
16:34:40 bauzas we have novaclient support until 2.92
16:34:42 dansmith hmm, seems bad to not have that present in the client if we've got it as a server feature
16:34:49 bauzas and OSC support until 2.91 IIRC
16:35:31 bauzas dansmith: fwiw, we have a difference between what the server supports and what the client can negociate
16:35:31 sean-k-mooney dansmith: that is why i was suggesting we do a release in a few weeks
16:35:48 bauzas yoga didn't had this issue, no microversion patch was merged
16:35:56 bauzas so, this is my first time :)
16:36:21 dansmith okay, so you're saying we wait for rc1 then do a client release soonly so people will be able to actually use it?
16:36:28 sean-k-mooney its not the first time we have not had parity between api and cli
16:36:31 sean-k-mooney dansmith: yep
16:36:37 dansmith okay
16:36:38 sean-k-mooney dansmith: at leat that is what im suggesting
16:36:48 bauzas dansmith: I'm not saying anything, I'm asking for help
16:37:15 bauzas if we all agree on the discrepancy, we should also agree on the fact this isn't great
16:37:29 dansmith as long as there's a short timeline to getting the client released then I guess that's okay
16:37:34 bauzas that client libs freeze doesn't really help, fwiw
16:37:43 sean-k-mooney it does
16:37:46 sean-k-mooney normally
16:37:59 bauzas ideally, we should have a one week difference I think between the server freeze and the client freeze
16:38:09 dansmith bauzas: do we not?
16:38:21 dansmith I guess I'm confused, seems like this is the week to get the client things finalized
16:38:23 bauzas dansmith: not in the zed schedule
16:38:37 bauzas hence my call for clarification
16:38:42 dansmith hrm okay
16:38:54 dansmith that
16:38:57 dansmith is a bit of a bummer
16:39:11 bauzas can't disagree
16:39:25 dansmith I dunno what distros do for picking client releases, but they'd need to know that they need the one right after the zed server release to have this
16:39:28 dansmith but whatever
16:39:35 sean-k-mooney feedback i guess for tc/cross project ptg session
16:39:41 bauzas agrred
16:39:46 dansmith I think that's just for the release team
16:39:57 bauzas the antelope schedule is already accepted but I guess we can debate it at the PTG
16:40:00 sean-k-mooney ya perhaps
16:40:03 dansmith we approve the schedule but don't really do much other than that I think
16:40:30 sean-k-mooney well the schdule can be updated if we think it need changes
16:40:32 bauzas just as a hint for next cycle https://releases.openstack.org/antelope/schedule.html
16:40:34 sean-k-mooney its just anohter review

Earlier   Later