| Posted | Nick | Remark | |
|---|---|---|---|
| #openstack-nova - 2022-08-02 | |||
| 16:19:40 | opendevreview | Balazs Gibizer proposed openstack/nova master: Fix mocking SafeConnectedTestCase https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/851909 | |
| 16:20:18 | bauzas | gibi: well, I would have preferred to have it decided by now | |
| 16:20:28 | gibi | sure, then lets decide :) | |
| 16:20:40 | gibi | anybody has any opinion? | |
| 16:20:40 | bauzas | but it looks that we don't have a lot of folks around | |
| 16:20:57 | bauzas | rajat was asking me about this at least loudly | |
| 16:21:08 | artom | Decide who gets what microversion? | |
| 16:21:34 | bauzas | at least decide who would get 2.93 | |
| 16:21:39 | artom | Are all 2 guaranteed (inasmuch as that's possible in upstream world) to land? | |
| 16:21:46 | artom | *all 3 | |
| 16:21:48 | bauzas | I think we could say yes to https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/816157 | |
| 16:21:53 | bauzas | for 2.93 | |
| 16:22:29 | bauzas | dansmith already looked at it and it was already around last cycle | |
| 16:22:48 | bauzas | but this means we would prioritize this change | |
| 16:22:54 | artom | I'd say it's up to the owner and reviwers to determine how close something is to land, and to give the next smallest microversion to the closest, then next closest, and so on | |
| 16:23:34 | bauzas | artom: problem is about merge conflicts | |
| 16:23:52 | bauzas | at least we have now https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/816157 and https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/830883 that got merge conflicts | |
| 16:24:10 | gibi | (probably everything is in merge conflict as unittest.mock change landed) | |
| 16:24:39 | bauzas | gibi: and you're just telling me this before I'm going off ? :) | |
| 16:24:56 | gibi | bauzas: it is landed yesterday? | |
| 16:25:18 | bauzas | haven't seen it then | |
| 16:25:20 | bauzas | anyway | |
| 16:25:20 | gibi | Aug 01 21:07 | |
| 16:25:57 | bauzas | if we don't have consensus, let's just tell the owners they need to provide their changes and ask for reviewes | |
| 16:26:01 | bauzas | reviews* | |
| 16:28:40 | gibi | Im fine with https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/816157 being the next one | |
| 16:28:47 | sean-k-mooney[m] | o/ | |
| 16:29:20 | bauzas | gibi: cool, then let's prioritize it | |
| 16:30:22 | bauzas | whoami-rajat and Uggla could then modify their change to ask for 2.95 and we'll see in the meantime if jhartkopf can upload his series soon | |
| 16:30:41 | bauzas | I'll drop a gerrit comment on https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/816157 telling him to rebase quickly | |
| 16:30:53 | bauzas | if he can't, then whoami-rajat could use this API slot | |
| 16:31:04 | bauzas | wfy folks ? | |
| 16:31:22 | gibi | or they can both rebase to 2.93 and have a race for landing :) | |
| 16:31:38 | gibi | both works for me | |
| 16:31:56 | whoami-rajat | let me know which one is suitable and i will rebase | |
| 16:32:15 | whoami-rajat | s/which/whichever | |
| 16:34:03 | bauzas | gibi: yeah, we'll see | |
| 16:34:32 | bauzas | it's the first time we're trying to organize API microversions, I guess we don't wanna be too much optimistic | |
| 16:35:05 | bauzas | whoami-rajat: I'd say prepare for 2.94 but be ready to propose 2.93 if https://review.opendev.org/c/openstack/nova/+/816157 doesn't get rebased next week | |
| 16:35:25 | sean-k-mooney[m] | normally we only do this if they already have at least 1 +2 | |
| 16:36:17 | artom | I guess you can't easily template Python code, which we would need | |
| 16:36:43 | artom | Otherwise, if we keep a single running counter of source in a file or something, folks can just write %{next_microversion} or similar | |
| 16:36:45 | whoami-rajat | ack | |
| 16:37:06 | bauzas | I think we're done with this | |
| 16:37:10 | bauzas | moving on | |
| 16:37:21 | bauzas | #topic Review priorities | |
| 16:37:28 | bauzas | #link https://review.opendev.org/q/status:open+(project:openstack/nova+OR+project:openstack/placement+OR+project:openstack/os-traits+OR+project:openstack/os-resource-classes+OR+project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/osc-placement)+label:Review-Priority%252B1 | |
| 16:38:10 | bauzas | anything to discuss ? | |
| 16:39:58 | gibi | bauzas: you need to add OR label+2 | |
| 16:40:06 | gibi | as now the query shows only +1 | |
| 16:40:20 | gibi | https://review.opendev.org/q/status:open+(project:openstack/nova+OR+project:openstack/placement+OR+project:openstack/os-traits+OR+project:openstack/os-resource-classes+OR+project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/osc-placement)+(label:Review-Priority%252B1+OR+label:Review-Priority%252B2) | |
| 16:40:20 | gibi | ie | |
| 16:40:49 | bauzas | wait | |
| 16:40:54 | bauzas | bad copy/paste | |
| 16:41:09 | bauzas | https://review.opendev.org/q/status:open+(project:openstack/nova+OR+project:openstack/placement+OR+project:openstack/os-traits+OR+project:openstack/os-resource-classes+OR+project:openstack/os-vif+OR+project:openstack/python-novaclient+OR+project:openstack/osc-placement)+(label:Review-Priority%252B1+OR+label:Review-Priority%252B2) | |
| 16:41:26 | bauzas | my query was ok but I pasted the wrong one in the agenda | |
| 16:41:40 | gibi | ahh | |
| 16:41:50 | gibi | OK | |
| 16:42:06 | bauzas | anyway, apart from the mdev issue, I have nothing to say | |
| 16:42:22 | bauzas | gibi: you asked for a FUP, I'm trying to upload it before I leave | |
| 16:42:29 | gibi | bauzas: OK | |
| 16:42:34 | gibi | I will check it tomorrow | |
| 16:42:46 | bauzas | if I can't, we'll need billy to write it | |
| 16:43:41 | bauzas | moving on then | |
| 16:43:52 | bauzas | #topic Stable Branches | |
| 16:43:52 | gibi | do you know the irc nick of billy? | |
| 16:43:57 | bauzas | gibi: nope | |
| 16:44:04 | gibi | :/ | |
| 16:44:18 | bauzas | #undo | |
| 16:44:19 | opendevmeet | Removing item from minutes: #topic Stable Branches | |
| 16:44:35 | bauzas | previously we were having quite a roster for asking to get the IRC nick | |
| 16:44:36 | gibi | we can move on, I just wanted to ping billy properly | |
| 16:45:33 | bauzas | cool | |
| 16:45:37 | bauzas | #topic Stable Branches | |
| 16:45:42 | bauzas | elodilles: your turn | |
| 16:45:48 | elodilles | yes | |
| 16:45:55 | elodilles | #info stable/pike was EOL'd for nova projects | |
| 16:46:08 | elodilles | #info stable branch status / gate failures tracking etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/nova-stable-branch-ci | |
| 16:46:16 | elodilles | #info stable/train (and older) is blocked, see details in the etherpad ^^^ | |
| 16:46:29 | elodilles | some extra info for the blocker: | |
| 16:46:43 | elodilles | i did what sean-k-mooney[m] suggested and added a pre-yaml, | |
| 16:47:08 | elodilles | that installs python3-yaml which gets stuck originally, | |
| 16:47:23 | elodilles | and it installs fine with the pre.yaml, | |
| 16:47:27 | sean-k-mooney[m] | did that work | |
| 16:47:28 | sean-k-mooney[m] | cool | |
| 16:47:34 | elodilles | but then something else gets stuck :/ | |
| 16:47:45 | sean-k-mooney[m] | :) | |
| 16:47:53 | elodilles | so maybe something is crashing in the background... | |
| 16:48:17 | sean-k-mooney[m] | or somethign else but ya possibly | |
| 16:48:17 | sean-k-mooney[m] | is it still glibc? | |
| 16:48:20 | elodilles | anyway, needs further investigation :/ | |
| 16:48:27 | sean-k-mooney[m] | ack | |
| 16:48:30 | elodilles | sean-k-mooney[m]: something different | |
| 16:48:44 | elodilles | sean-k-mooney[m]: now at the ssh keys setup | |
| 16:49:03 | elodilles | sean-k-mooney[m]: so seems unrelated from the previous | |
| 16:49:13 | sean-k-mooney[m] | ok | |
| 16:49:16 | elodilles | i guess something else causing the issue in the background | |
| 16:49:26 | elodilles | anyway, that's my info for now :X | |
| 16:49:59 | bauzas | ack, thanks | |
| 16:50:18 | elodilles | (and still, any help/idea is welcome o:)) | |